We are currently seeking a Tool Stores to join our customer within an aircraft maintenance business in Biggin Hill.
End date: April 2024
Shift pattern: 554 shift
The responsibilities of the Tool Stores will involve the following duties.
- Routinely inspect all tools for inconsistencies, damage and appropriate documentation
- Engrave and document tools as and when required.
- Ensure rejected tools and parts (among which suspected unapproved parts) are quarantined and labelled, and that GSE Supervisor is informed about the discrepant condition, so corrective action shall be initiated
- Assist with all material certificates are properly filed and materials are properly stored, and that material is kept linked to the supplier source
- Ensure that outgoing materials are logged to the correct personnel and returned when required.
- Monitor special tooling to ensure all issued tooling is within its calibration period, checking everything is in date
- Removal of special tooling from its location in advance of its calibration date
- Monitor inventory levels of consumables and report findings to the Buyer Planner to replenish such stocks
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in stores
- Ensuring reports are filed correctly for broken tooling
- Checking tooling out and in so it's complete, ensure no missing tooling
- Servicing calibration reports
The successful Tool Stores will have the following experience.
- Previous experience in aviation or material / parts environment
- The ability to multi-task and work as part of a team.
- Organisation skills.
- Excellent problem solving and numerical skills.
Payment for this role will be as an agency worker and for this opportunity JMC Aviation is acting as an employment business.