Are you an experienced Shift Supervisor looking for a new opportunity?
JMC are working with a leading MRO Organisation based in Luton, looking to recruit a Shift Supervisor to join their expanding team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Luton with an immediate start date.
The Shift Supervisor will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operational activities to ensure the safe and efficient operation of their responsible shift. They will also be required to take on administrative and managerial duties including workload management, booking control, production planning and managing staff on shift.
The responsibilities of the Shift Supervisor will involve:
- Maintaining awareness of company Health & Safety policy, ensuring that staff under their control practice approved methods to minimise risk to personnel or equipment
- Encouraging a safety culture among shift members and advise the Station Manager of any potential hazards identified or improvements that could be made
- Effectively managing development and motivation of the team
- Encouraging a strong work ethic and staff interaction across shift personal
- Managing all shift activities and responsibilities, ensuring efficient use of manpower and activities contribute to the continued airworthiness of the based aircraft with expedient clear up of defects
- Establishing and encouraging communications and working relations across all reporting areas
- Assessing all work requests and requirements with particular attention to tooling, manpower and downtime
- Managing and maintaining a safe and efficient line maintenance operation
- Aiding in maintaining an efficient and effective shift to aid the continued airworthiness of Customer Aircraft
- Ensuring shift levels and skills are sufficient to achieve planned workload in line with Production Planning Process and bring discrepancies to the attention of Engineering Management
- Reviewing daily the Customer work requests, ensuring spares have been identified/received and placed on pre-load
- Aiding Customer Airline achieving its on-time performance targets
- Ensuring all responsible staff are aware of their responsibilities and updates to relevant procedures
- Ensuring the line station is maintained in a clean, safe and efficient manner during their period of duty
- Aiding in ensuring all relevant Station, EASA and CAA regulations are met
- Ensuring relevant procedures are followed, maintained and reviewed ensuring compliance with all regulations
- Ensuring all relevant directions, procedures and directives are followed and correctly read and recorded
- Ensuring all cost savings or potential overspends are brought to the attention of the Station Manager
- Ensuring all overtime requirements are brought to the attention of the Station Manager preferably in advance for approval
- Ensuring all H&S issues are assessed and brought to the attention of the Station Manager
- Attending meetings as required between Shift Supervisors, Operational Maintenance Manager and Interfacing Departments
- Maintaining awareness of the latest Technical Instructions, NTE's and Procedures from all sources
In order to be successful in this role, the Shift Supervisor will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Experience of Base operated A/C
- Supervisory and/or Managerial experience
- Qualified Part 66 Licence on A320 types with a minimum of 3 certifying years' experience
- Technical experience in Aviation and experience of certifying Aircraft with a UK/EASA part 66 Licence
- Have a working knowledge of Aircraft Maintenance Production Planning
- A recognised apprenticeship within the aircraft industry or similar
- Right to live and work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes, please apply today or contact JMC Aviation for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Aviation Ltd is acting as an employment agency.