JMC are working with a leading Manufacturing business based In Bishops Stortford. Due to growth, they are looking to recruit Sheet Metal Fabrication Operator to join their expanding team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Bishops Stortford. This role is for 39 hours per week, Monday- Thursday.
The Sheet Metal Fabrication Operator will be mainly responsible for Operating fabricating machines to produce sheet metal work components for assemblies & welded assemblies.
Other responsibilities of the will include:
- Develop, produce & assemble detailed parts.
- Follow procedures, read engineering drawings / lofts and produce work to a defined schedule
- Set up and operate fabricating machines including guillotines, bandsaws and presses.
- Develop, produce and assemble detailed parts by laying out, measuring, and marking materials in line with drawings or templates using scribes, dividers, squares, rules and calculators.
- Use engineering measuring equipment to check dimensions are in line with drawing requirements.
- Maintain a tidy and safe working environment at all times.
In order to be successful in their application, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience knowledge of manufacturing processes, preferably within the aerospace or automotive industry.
- Experience operating fabricating machines
- Ability to read, understand engineering drawings and aerospace specifications.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams to deliver parts on time.
- Practical Problem Solving, analysis and decision making.
All applicants must have their right to work in the UK.
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes, please apply today or contact JMC Aviation for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Aviation Ltd is acting as an employment agency.