JMC Aviation are currently working with a leading MRO Organisation who are looking to add an experienced Safety Manager to their close knit, highly skilled team.
This is a full-time role based in Chester.
What’s on Offer:
- Fixed Term 12 Month Contact (possibility to extend)
- Basic salary up to £43k per annum depending on experience
- Full time hours 40 per week with the option to work overtime
- Fantastic Team BBQs and Staff days that incorporate family and partners
- Fantastic company benefits including: Private Healthcare, Life Cover, Income Protection and a Cycle to Work Scheme
To ensure that all aspects of the organisation’s safety management system and safety activities comply with the requirements of the relevant controlling legislation.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the development, administration, and maintenance of effective safety management processes as part of the organisation’s management system
- Facilitating hazard identification, risk assessment and management
- Monitoring the implementation of actions taken to mitigate risks, as listed in safety action plans
- Providing periodic reports on safety performance to the safety review board (the functions of the safety review board as defined in AMC1 145.A.200(a)(1))
- Compilation and maintenance of safety management documentation including the generation of both a Safety Management Plan (SMP) and a Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Identifying the requirements for safety training, its availability when required and that it meets acceptable standards
- Providing advice on safety matters
- The initiation, reporting and follow-up of occurrence investigations
- Maintaining, managing, and reporting safety related data
- Aviation or Engineering background
- Experience working with a Part-145 Quality Management System and a good understanding of the Part-145 Regulations
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Being able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and to organise and prioritise own work
- Attention to detail is essential
- Professional telephone manner
- Flexibility within the role
- Ability to convey information accurately, clearly and in a manner easily understood
- Experience of using Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and database systems.
- Experience working within a busy office environment would be advantageous but not essential
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- SMS Training