JMC are working with a highly respected and market leading Engineering business based in Bishops Stortford who are looking to recruit Junior Sheet Metal Workers to join their successful fabrication and router teams.
This is a Permanent Position based in Bishops Stortford. 39 hours per week, Monday – Thursday, 7am – 5pm.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary (up to £14.50 per hour)
- Overtime at 1.5X
- 4 day working week
- Company Pension
- 25 days A/L + bank holidays + holiday buy back/ unpaid leave scheme
- Healthcare plan
- Death in service cover
- Electric car and cycle to work schemes
This is a junior level role that will be developed over time with a structured training program in all aspects of the sheet metal fabrications environment. The primary purpose is to operate fabricating machines to produce sheet metal work components for assemblies & welded assemblies.
Other duties will involve:
- Develop, produce & assemble detailed parts.
- Follow procedures, read engineering drawings / lofts and produce work to a defined schedule.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines including guillotines, bandsaws and presses.
- Develop, produce and assemble detailed parts by laying out, measuring, and marking materials in line with drawings or templates using scribes, dividers, squares, rules and calculators.
- Use engineering measuring equipment to check dimensions are in line with drawing requirements.
Skills and experience required
- No previous experience required, full training will be provided
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes advantageous, but not essential
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings advantageous
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn is essential
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.