JMC are working with an Aviation MRO company based in Saffron Walden, looking to recruit a new Hydraulics/Pneumatics Team Lead to join their team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Saffron Walden, working 08:00 – 16:30 Monday – Friday.
Salary and Benefits
– Competitive Salary
– Annual Profit Share Scheme
– Overtime paid at 1.5 times hourly rate
– 29 days holiday including Bank Holidays
– Nationally recognised Training provided and career development opportunities
– Company Uniform Provided and all necessary PPE
– Employee Assistance Programme
The primary purpose of this role is to plan, direct and co-ordinate the work and operations of the Hydraulics workshop in order to achieve agreed production targets. Plan and maintain systems and procedures for operating efficiency. Manage team members for optimum performance and maximum productivity.
Other duties involve:
– Set up Hydraulics Workshop and install testing rigs
– Hire, induct and train new team members
– Supervise workshop teams according to overall company policy
– Plan tasks and activities to deliver business unit objectives
– Set employee goals and objectives
– Develop team members to maximize potential
– Monitor team members performance including performance reviews
– Delegate work duties to team members to attain objectives
– Monitor and assist team members with work progress
– Implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency
– Formulate department/unit policies and practices
– Facilitate the preparation and analysis of reports
– Review performance data to monitor and measure productivity, goal progress and activity levels
– Responsible for the achievement of the teams productivity and quality goals
Skills and experience required
In order to be successful in this role the Hydraulics/Pneumatics Team Lead will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
– Experience of leading and managing a team of engineers or technicians
– Experience in the test, disassembly and repair of hydraulic / pneumatic components.
– Ideally 2 years' experience in an Aero engineering workshop or with an Inspectors approval
– Knowledge of people management principles and procedures
– Knowledge of basic planning, monitoring and managing workloads to achieve production targets
– Knowledge of office administrative procedures
– Proficient in relevant software applications
– Right to live and work in the UK
To apply please click 'apply now' or alternatively get in touch with a member of the team at
email@example.com quoting the job reference for more information
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Aviation Ltd is acting as an employment agency.