Are you an experienced CNC Machinist looking for a contract based in Manchester?
JMC are currently recruiting a CNC Machinist for a winter contract based in Manchester. This contract is starting immediately and running until 31st January 2024
- Produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating various CNC machines. Maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, engineering drawings, materials, specifications, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Sets-up both manual and CNC milling machines & lathes by installing and adjusting three-and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets chucks, special purpose work holding and machine vices.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and risk assessments.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; liaising with contractors for general repairs, build a record of the service history for each machine tool.
- Final quality part inspection: Document measurement data by completing measurement inspection reports with the aid of the Metrology department.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; attend training courses to continuous advancements in experience and knowledge.
- CNC CAD/CAM – Operational Knowledge of core discipline & qualifications
- Industry work experience in CAD/CAM & Advanced CNC machining industries or working knowledge of core discipline. Educated to Min NVQ Level 3 Advanced Engineering.
- In depth user of G and M codes & NC Programming
- In depth knowledge & experience of Conventional and CNC machining technical knowledge & troubleshooting techniques for core discipline.
- Fluent & experienced with CAD/CAM programming, interpreting CNC Software.
- Familiarity with Fanuc, Siemens, & Hurco CNC Control Systems.
- Must have good written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving abilities.
- To train & mentor other Machinists, providing on-the-job training. Provide leadership to inexperienced machinists.
For IR35 purposes, based on role based determinations this role is 'Outside IR35'.
To apply for the role of CNC Machinist please click 'apply' now.
Alternatively, please call the JMC team on +44(0)1392 268310. Unfortunately, candidates without the right to work in the UK will not be considered.
For this opportunity JMC Aviation Ltd is acting as an employment business.