Are you an experienced Cabin Mechanic looking for a new opportunity?
JMC are working with a leading MRO Organisation based in Prestwick, looking to recruit an Cabin Mechanic to join their team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Prestwick with an immediate start date.
The Cabin Mechanic will be responsible for working with and under the guidance of the Certifying Engineer and Lead Mechanic on the zone/aircraft as allocated, supporting them with all aspects of Aircraft Maintenance performed by the Company.
The responsibilities of the Cabin Mechanic will involve:
- Reading and interpreting maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other specifications
- Determining the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
- Assembling and installing electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic and structural components
- Removing or installing aircraft components
- Maintaining repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance
- Communicating with other workers to coordinate fitting and alignment of heavy parts, or to facilitate processing of repair parts
- Inventory and requisition or order supplies, parts, materials and equipment
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed to the required standards and in line with the company MOE
- Ensuring correct use and accuracy of the MRO system is maintained with regards to all maintenance activities
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements and any associated changes in relation to EASA Part 145, Part M and Part 66
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of requirements in relation to company health & safety policies and procedures as they apply to aircraft maintenance operations
- Ensuring activities meet with company requirements for quality management, health & safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care
- Maintaining the highest airworthiness, quality, safety and performance standards
- Ensuring all company and legal requirements appertaining to aircraft maintenance and inspection are complied with
- Maintaining an up-to-date aircraft maintenance logbook to demonstrate level of experience and competence gained through the completion of a variety of tasks
- Holding and maintaining a valid Company Aircraft Mechanic authorisation
- Housekeeping, ensuring work areas are kept clean and tidy as reasonably practicable
In order to be successful in this role, the Cabin Mechanic will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- A recognised apprenticeship within the aircraft industry or similar
- Understanding of regulatory requirements in relation to Part 145
- Proven work history in a P145 Base Maintenance/Aviation environment
- Understanding of Health & Safety, Human Factors and Compliance requirements
- Have a working knowledge of Aircraft Maintenance Production Planning
- Right to live and work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes, please apply today or contact JMC Aviation for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Aviation Ltd is acting as an employment agency.