Are you an experienced Avionics Technician looking for a new opportunity?
JMC are working with an MRO Organisation based in Slough, looking to recruit an Avionics Technician to join their expanding team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Slough with an immediate start date.
The Avionics Technician will be responsible for repairing and overhauling a wide range of aircraft communications, navigation, radar, radio audio units, recorders and instruments to a component level. This role requires working with technologies ranging from analogue electronics to complex microprocessor electronics and RF circuits.
The responsibilities of the Avionics Technician will involve:
- Undertaking precise mechanical work and electronic repairs including through hole and surface mounted components
- Completing fault finding, repairing and testing processes using specialised and general-purpose test equipment
- Undertaking work in accordance with the manufacture's component maintenance manuals, regulatory approvals and the company's quality system
- Completing accurate and legible repair records, ensuring they are filed in a timely manner
- Maintaining an agreed level of quality and cost effectiveness, ensuring accuracy and safety standards are met
- Undertaking cross-training in other technical areas in line with the requirements of the business
- Understanding and utilising the Quantum system to ensure effective delivery
- Carrying out independent inspections on other technician repairs
- Providing support outside of the normal tasks of the job to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ad hoc duties including training, department associated tasks and secondment to other departments
- Understanding the Standard Operating Procedures and how they are applied to the role
- Adhering to Health and Safety requirements at all times
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies requirements
In order to be successful in this role, the Avionics Technician will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience testing, fault finding and repairing electronic parts and components
- Aviation experience desirable but not essential
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Right to live and work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes, please apply today or contact JMC Aviation for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Aviation Ltd is acting as an employment agency.