Are you an experienced Avionic Mechanic looking for a new opportunity?
JMC are working with a leading MRO Organisation based in Prestwick, looking to recruit an Avionic Mechanic to join their team.
This is a Permanent Position based in Prestwick with an immediate start date.
The Avionic Mechanic will be responsible for working with and under the guidance of the Certifying Engineer and Lead Mechanic on the zone/aircraft as allocated, supporting them with all aspects of Aircraft Maintenance performed by the Company.
The responsibilities of the Avionic Mechanic will involve:
- Maintaining the highest airworthiness, quality, safety and performance standards
- Ensuring all company and legal requirements appertaining to aircraft maintenance and inspection are complied with
- Reading and interpreting maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other specifications
- Determining the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
- Assembling and installing electrical components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools
- Removing or installing aircraft components
- Maintaining, repairing and rebuilding functional components and parts
- Communicating with other workers to coordinate fitting and alignment of heavy parts, or to facilitate processing of repair parts
- Ensuring correct use and accuracy of the MRO system is maintained with regards to all maintenance activities
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Ad hoc project work as required within the scope of the role
- Maintaining repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed to the required standards and in line with the company MOE
- Maintaining an up-to-date aircraft maintenance logbook to demonstrate level of experience and competence gained through the completion of a variety of tasks
- Understanding of COSHH regulations
- Understanding of health and safety guidelines per product SDS (safety data sheets)/CAM risk assessments
- Signing Part 145 aircraft paperwork for all tasks performed
- Holding and maintaining a valid Company Avionic Mechanic authorisation
In order to be successful in this role, the Avionic Mechanic will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- A recognised apprenticeship within the aircraft industry or similar
- Understanding of regulatory requirements in relation to Part 145
- Proven work history in a P145 Base Maintenance/Aviation environment
- Understanding of Health & Safety, Human Factors and Compliance requirements
- Have a working knowledge of Aircraft Maintenance Production Planning
- Right to live and work in the UK
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes, please apply today or contact JMC Aviation for more details.
Please note that due to the high level of applicants we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates regarding this role.
For this opportunity JMC Aviation Ltd is acting as an employment agency.